Saturday, August 13, 2011

Tripping Up

The last few days have been awkward for me. I have had a great deal of clumsy moments. Please observe:

1) Spilled a water bottle full of water down the hallway
2) Dropped a glass of orange juice on the counter, coating everything in sticky citrus
3) Started dinner at On the Border with a peacefully sleeping baby in my lap; subsequently spilled my water all over him, thus waking him up.
4) Accidentaly hit the 'lock' button on the garage door so that my hubby couldn't get in when he came home from work
5) Forgot my purse, then my daughter's epi pen on the way to On the Border. Went back and got them. Got to OTB and realized I had forgotten our son's entire diaper bag.

I subscribe to the belief that in everything God hides a lesson; all of life is, you could say, a teachable moment.

These clumsy moments of mine this week were no different. While I was watching the orange juice spread from one part of the counter to the other, I had a thought, a thought about how hard I am on myself about my little mistakes. God is not so harsh.

We all sin, sometimes in awful ways, but God does not throw up His hands in disgust with us. No, instead he gathers us in His arms and holds us closer than before. He forgives us and makes everything brand new. Like yesterday's mishaps never happened.

And so today I am going to try to forgive myself a little more for my clumsy mistakes and my big goofs. They are just a blip on the radar and I need to cut myself a little bit of slack; God does.

~ Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment